Bakingbuddies has been awarded. Imagine that! Three wonderful awards bestowed upon us by Parita. I speak for Lakshmi and myself when I say this, Parita- we are mighty glad on receiving the awards. This is, after all, the first time our blog has received any award! A big thank you is therefore be very much in order.THANK YOU!:)
Now moving on to the tag. The tag and the awards are a package deal. Consider yourself tagged people, if you make it to the award list! 😉 s. I am going to go with the rules exactly as mentioned by Parita.
Respond and rework – answer the questions on your own blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, and add one more question of your own. Then tag eight or ten other people.
1.What is your current obsession?
This one is obvious. Baking.But I think I need a new one now!
2. What are you wearing today?
A blue-green kurta and an off white churidar.
3. What’s for dinner?
Ask the mother. I dont normally cook dinner, she does. It will mostly be the usual dal-roti-sabzi.
4. What’s the last thing you bought?
2 litres of milk. Bought last evening on my way back home.
5. What are you listening to right now?
A bunch of people singing “Happy birthday to you” to their very embarrassed looking colleague.
6. What do you think about the person who tagged you?
I love her blog. She posts interesting recipes. And is what I would call a kind and considerate blogger. Ask the silliest questions, you still get your answers!
7. If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
Somewhere in India where it is quiet, peaceful and green. Far from the city but not so far that I miss out on all the conveniences! 😉
8. What are your must-have pieces for summer?
If we are talking clothes, then skirts.
9. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
May be to the mountains in HP.
10. Which language do you want to learn?
Oh there are hundreds!! Lets start with my mother tongue! Besides that, Tamil would make it to the wish list as would French.
11. Who do you want to meet right now?
The boss. No seriously. I have work I need to finish up with her and my appointment has got cancelled enough number of times already.
12. What is your favorite colour?
It keeps changing all the time. Sometime back it was pink. Now its blue.
13. What is your favourite piece of clothing in your own closet?
A sky blue chikan kurta.
14. What is your dream job?
This one is hard to answer. I terms of my profession, I think I am exactly where I would have liked to be. In terms of the present job, err, I could do better! But still, I think social work is ,y true calling.
15. What’s your favourite magazine?
Not much of a magazine reader. I used to read the Reader’s Digest cover to cover a few years back. Havent really picked up a magazine since then.
16. If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?
A holiday!!!!For sure!!
17. What do you consider a fashion faux pas?
I am no person to make comments on fashion. But there are somethings people wear that I dont really understand. Skin tight jeans for example.
18. Who are your style icons?
Dont have any.
19. Describe your personal style?
Casual. And to come extent conservative.
21. What are your favourite movies?
Dont ask me this!! I am not a movie buff. At the top of my head I can come up with there-Golmal, The Sound of Music,Taare Zameen Par, Ghost,Dirty Dancing. Yes, I am out dated.
22. Give us three styling tips that always work for you:
Stylign tips? What are those?
23. Coffee or tea?
Depends on the mood, but its mostly tea.
24. What do you do when you are feeling low or terribly depressed?
Stop eating.Sulk. Howl.Talk it out.
25. What is the meaning of your name?
Its derived out of the word “mandir”
26. Which other blogs you love visiting?
Divya Vikram of Dil Se..
Siri of Siri’s Corner
Divya of Easycooking
Arundhati of My Food Blog
Anita of A mad tea party.
All of then are great blogs with wonderful recipes. And all the bloggers are awarded!:)
Psssst. If as a rule you dont do tags, feel free to chuck this one.
27. Favorite Dessert/Sweet?
Ummmm…Caramel custard.Edited to add: Halwa! How could I have forgotten to mention this!! Sheesh!
28. Favorite Season?
Dont look so surprise, I really do like the summers.
29.Which is your dream destination?
30: Which is your favorite international cuisine ?
Indo chinese and Italian.
Parita’s additional Question: Your favorite kitchen tool?
And now for my questions
What is the one dish that you have tried and tried and still now managed to get right?
And no, you cant ask me to answer that question for you.A – because thats the rule of the tag and b-because my list would be so long, that it would have to be turned into a post by itself! 😛