I learnt this from Arundathi ‘s food blog and tried it out some weekends ago. I loved the results so I am sharing it with you here.
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 3 tbsp maida
- 1/4 cup Caster Sugar + more for dusting
- 3 tbsp Whole Milk + 3 tbsp Fresh Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 Egg
- Butter for greasing the baking dish
- Butter the baking dish and sprinkle a little sugar. Place the cut apple over the sugar. Keep aside.
- Beat the egg till light and fluffy. Add the cream, milk, sugar and vanilla to it. Add the flour and mix well.
- Pour the mixture over the fruit.
- Bake in a pre heated over at 200 deg.C for 20 mins. Serve plain or with ice cream.
Notes:While Arundathi used pear, I used an apple.Dint have any pears at home you see. I think you can use any hard food , the kind that wont turn into a puree when subjected to heat waves in the oven. What I loved about this recipe is that its so quick to put together!!This is probably the fastest baked dish I ever made!! The top of my clafouti got a tad overdone (try refraining from saying “AGAIN!!??”) thats why it doesnt look as nice as it should. See Arundathi’s post to get an idea of how the clafouti should really look like. I admit the Thar desert like look does act as a deterrent but all you have to do it take a bite and they you dont care about how it looks. We ate it without ice cream but you could serve it with any flavour you like.
Thanks for the recipe Arundathi!:D
PS: you can look at another version of the clafouti here at Bakingobsession. Quite an expert at work there!!