A simple idea picked up from the internet somewhere was executed some days back. Its the basic pound cake recipe and a swirl of the magical Nutella.
- 2 eggs
- 100 gms maida/APF
- 100 gms butter/cream
- 100 gms powdered sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Nutella- as required
- Sift together baking powder and maida. Keep aside.
- Beat the eggs till light and frothy. Add sugar, then the butter/cream and vanilla essence.
- Gradually add the maida- baking powder to mix. I have realised that adding flour in batches works best.
- Preheat oven at 180 deg C.
- Pour the batter into muffin tray. With this set of ingredients I got 6 medium size muffins.
- Take a spoonful of Nutella and swirl it into a muffin. Repeat till all muffins are covered.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180 deg. C.