Most people,barring me, like dry fruits so this is a cookie that should appeal to the aam junta(as you can see the election fever will take sometime fade away!)
- 100 gms maida
- 75 gms softened butter
- 50 gms powdered sugar
- 2 drops almond essence/1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2-3 tbsp finely chopped cashewnuts
- Sieve maida.
- Preheat oven at 200 deg C.
- Beat butter and sugar till light and creamy. Add essence and beat again.
- Add flour and mix gently to get a soft dough.
- Form into small balls, flatten lightly and roll in the chopped cashews.
- Arrange in a greased baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from tray when cool.
Notes: There is nothing wrong with these cookies except one thing- the cashew pieces tend to fall off once the cookies are baked. Obviously just pressing them onto the cookies before baking isnt good enough. I think to remedy the situation we could baste the cookies with lightly beaten egg white and then roll them in the cashew piece. I think that would make them stick better. I am not sure how effective would using milk as a substitute of egg white be since I normally use egg in recipes I am not sure about how effective its substitutes are.
This by the way, is the tenth cookie on this blog. Not bad I think!!:D