A variation to the basic shortbread- zesty and orangey!
- Maida 60 gms
- Butter 30 gms
- Orange essence a few drops
- Fresh orange zest 1½-2 tbsp
- Baking powder ½ tsp
- Milk to bind
- Mix together the maida and the baking powder.
- Rub in the butter till the flour begins resembling bread crumbs.
- Add the orange zest and essence and mix well.
- Use milk to bind together.
- Use the dought to form any shape you like and place the cookies on a well greased over tray and bake for 10-15 min.s at 180 deg.C.
- Makes 10 small cookies.
Mandira’s notes: I relaly dont have anything much to write about this cookie, just that the short bread lends itself to millions of varaitions!All you need is a fertile imagination!