The crunchiness of nuts and the softness of butter and desicated coconut. Umm..perfect!:)
- ¼ C Crushed walnuts
- ¼ C Raisins(kishmish)
- ¼ C Desiccated coconut
- ½ C Maida
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ¼ C Softened butter
- ¼ C Sugar
- 1 egg (or 2 tbsp of butter)
- ½ tsp Vanilla essence
- Sift flour and baking powder.
- Beat sugar and butter till light. Add egg and vanilla and beat till well mixed.
- Add flour-b.p., walnuts and raisins. Mix gently.
- Prepare a baking tray by greasing it lightly.
- Put spoonfuls of the batter on the tray keeping sufficient distance in between. Use a spoon to “drop” the batter onto the sheet to get irregular shape cookies. You should get about 15.
- Bake at 160 deg C for 20-25 mins.
Lakshmi’s Notes: I substituted the egg with 2 tablespoons of butter. These cookies are absolutely fabulous and take very little time to bake.
Mandira’s Notes:I love these cookies!! and my colleagues love them more than I do!