I have happy childhood memories that revolve around coconut macaroons, summer vacations and gorging. A couple of weeks back I tried this macaroon recipe that works wonderfully.Here it is..
- 2 egg whites
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 1 ½ C desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 pinch of salt
- Whisk eg whites with salt till stiff.
- Fold in sugar,coconut and essence with a spoon.
- Cover a baking tray with butter paper/aluminium foil.
- Place spoonfuls of the batter about 2” apart. You should get 16-20 macaroons.
- Bake at 180Deg.C for 20-25 mins.
- Cool and remove from tray.
Source: Nita Mehta’s Bakes and Cakes
Mandira’s notes: This is absolutely fabulous recipe. It takes literally 5 mins to have it all mixed up and baking in the oven. Highly recommended.:D Btw, its nice and coconutty. If you dont like coconut, skip this one..obviously!