A orangey twist to the good old banana bread.
- 3 ripe banans (roughly mashed)
- 2 eggs
- 2C Maida
- 1 ½ C powdered sugar
- ½ C butter (softened but not totally melted)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ t salt
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- a few tablespoons of milk(optional)
- Sift the maida, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cinnamon/elaichi powder thrice and keep aside.
- Beat the eggs till light and fluffy. Add the powdered sugar and beat for 3-4 minutes more. Then add the butter and beat the mixture some more.
- Add the mashed bananas and vanilla essence and beat for a minute or two to ensure even mixing.
- Cut and fold the maida mixture (prepared in point 1) along with the dry fruits/nuts.
- Bake at 180-190 Deg. C for 35-40 minutes (or till a toothpick comes out clean.)
Source: Original recipe can be found at Shyamala’s food blog. Slightly modified at BB.
Mandira’s notes: I love the texture of this cake or bread as a lot of people call it. Fresh orange zest adds the zing to the cake/ bread. I skipped the bi carb of soda that the original recipe asked for and added an additional quantity of baking soda instead. The end result was just as good. If you like sweetness of bananas and the tanginess of oranges you will like this recipe too.