This is a modification of the banana bread. It was done on an experimental basis but the results were so good that it had to put it up on the blog!
- 1 egg
- 100 gms AP flour/maida
- 75 gms powdered sugar
- 100 ml fresh cream
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ slightly over ripe bananas(mashed)
- 25 gms chocolate chips (or more!)
- Sift the AP flour and the baking powder together three times.
- Beat the egg till light and fluffy. Add the powdered sugar and continue beating.
- Add the fresh cream and beat for another 3-4 minutes.
- Fold in the maida and baking powder.
- Add the mashed bananas, chocolate chips and vanilla essence and ensure that they mix properly in the batter.
- Pour the batter into a well greased muffin tray.
- Bake at 190 deg.C for about 20 minutes.
Source: my creative mind 😛
Make sure you take slightly over ripe bananas. I used just ripe bananas when I made the banana bread and over ripe ones for these muffins and the difference was quite evident. Over ripe bananas lend a stronger aroma and flavour while other bananas sort of lose their distinct flavour after baking.
If you dont have choclate chips you can easily subsitute them with tiny cubes of any chocolate cooking bar.I did exactly that.