What Dominos makes you pay a bomb for, you can easily make at home! Here’s how…
For the crust-
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Maida
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Atta + 1 tbsp for dusting
- 1 tsp Yeast
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Honey
- Oil – 4 tbsp
For the filling-
Any dry vegetables will do.spinach-paneer, roasted peppers, mushroons and onions, Aloo ki Sabji etc work very well. You’ll need approx 1 1/2 to 2 cups of veggies for filling.
- Warm water. Add honey. Add yeast. Let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Sieve the Madia, Whole wheat Atta and Salt. Add flour-salt mix to the dissolved yeast and whisk into a smooth dough. Knead by folding for about 1-2 minutes till dough is smooth. Set aside for 2-4 hours or until doubled in volume in a well oiled bowl.
- Punch to release air and divide into 2 portions.
- Preheat oven to 250 C.
- Roll out one portion into a 6 inch round dusting with some flour. Place filling on one half of the circle, fold the other side over to form a crescent shaped Calzone. Seal the edges (use a fork and press if you want it to look pretty).
- Using a spatula tranfer to a greased baking tray. Bake at 250C for 15 minutes until golden brown. Makes 2 individual portions